|Overview - 2 Samuel 21|
|1||The three years' famine for the Gibeonites ceases, by hanging seven of Saul's sons.|
|10||Rizpah's kindness unto the dead.|
|12||David buries the bones of Saul and Jonathan in his father's sepulchre.|
|15||Four battles against the Philistines, wherein four valiants of David slay four giants.|
2 Samuel 21:6 (King James Version)
Let seven men of his sons be delivered unto us, and we will hang them up unto the LORD in Gibeah of Saul, whom the LORD did choose. And the king said, I will give them.
- Let seven
- As God accepted the expiation here demanded, we must suppose that both the enquiry of David, and the answer of the Gibeonites, were directed by some open or secret intimation from him.
- 17:23 18:10 Genesis 40:19 Genesis 40:22 ; Numbers 25:4 Numbers 25:5 ; Deuteronomy 21:22 ; Joshua 8:29 ; 10:26
- Ezra 6:11 ; Esther 9:10 Esther 9:13 Esther 9:14 ; Matthew 27:5
- 1 Samuel 10:26 ; 11:4
- whom the Lord did choose
- or, the chosen of the Lord.
- 1 Samuel 9:16 1 Samuel 9:17 ; 1 Samuel 10:1 1 Samuel 10:24 Acts 13:21