|Overview - Amos 8|
|1||By a basket of summer fruit is shown the approach of Israel's end.|
|4||Oppression is reproved.|
|11||A famine of the word of God threatened.|
Amos 8:8 (King James Version)
Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
- the land
- It is supposed that an earthquake is here intended; the rising and falling of the ground, with a wave-like motion, and its leaving its proper place and bounds, in consequence of an earthquake, being justly and beautifully compared to the swelling, overflowing, and subsiding of the Nile.
- Psalms 18:7 ; Psalms 60:2 Psalms 60:3 114:3-7 Isaiah 5:25 ; Isaiah 24:19 Isaiah 24:20 Jeremiah 4:24-26
- Micah 1:3-5 ; Nahum 1:5 Nahum 1:6 ; Habakkuk 3:5-8 ; Haggai 2:6 Haggai 2:7
- every one
- 10 ; 9:5 Jeremiah 12:4 ; Hosea 4:3 ; 10:5 Matthew 24:30
- 9:5 Isaiah 8:7 Isaiah 8:8 ; Jeremiah 46:8 ; Daniel 9:26