|Overview - Daniel 9|
|1||Daniel, considering the time of the captivity,|
|3||makes confession of sins,|
|16||and prays for the restoration of Jerusalem.|
|20||Gabriel informs him of the seventy weeks.|
Daniel 9:26 (King James Version)
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
- Psalms 22:15 ; Isaiah 53:8 ; Mark 9:12 ; Luke 24:26 Luke 24:46 ; John 11:51 John 11:52 ; 12:32-34
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 ; Galatians 3:13 ; 1 Peter 2:21 1 Peter 2:24 ; 3:18
- but not
- or, and shall have nothing.
- John 14:30
- and the people, etc or, and (the Jews) shall be no more his
- 11:17 Hosea 1:9
- or, and the Prince's (Messiah's, ver
- 25,) future people.
- The Romans, who under Titus, after the expiration of the 70 weeks, destroyed the temple and the city, and dispersed the Jews.* the prince. Mt 22:2,7 23:38 24:2 Mr 13:2 Lu 19:43,44 21:6,24 Ac 6:13,14
- and the end
- Matthew 24:6-14 ; Mark 13:7
- 11:10 Isaiah 8:7 ; Jeremiah 46:7 ; Amos 8:8 ; 9:5 Nahum 1:8
- desolations are determined or, it shall be cut off by