|Overview - 2 Samuel 19|
|1||Joab causes the king to cease his mourning.|
|9||The Israelites are earnest to bring the king back.|
|11||David sends to the priests to incite them of Judah.|
|18||Shimei is pardoned;|
|32||Barzillai dismissed, and Chimham his son taken into the king's family.|
|41||The Israelites expostulate with Judah for bringing home the king without them.|
2 Samuel 19:43 (King James Version)
And the men of Israel answered the men of Judah, and said, We have ten parts in the king, and we have also more right in David than ye: why then did ye despise us, that our advice should not be first had in bringing back our king? And the words of the men of Judah were fiercer than the words of the men of Israel.
- We have
- 2 Samuel 20:1 2 Samuel 20:6 1 Kings 12:16
- ten parts
- 5:1 Proverbs 13:10
- despise us
- Hebrew set us at light. our advice.
- 2 Samuel 19:9 2 Samuel 19:14 ; Galatians 5:20 Galatians 5:26 ; Philippians 2:3
- the words
- Judges 8:1 ; 9:23 12:1-6 Proverbs 15:1 ; 17:14 18:19 Romans 12:21 ; Galatians 5:15 Galatians 5:20
- James 1:20 ; James 3:2-10 James 3:14-16 4:1-5
- Whatever value or respect the men of Israel at this time professed for their king, they would not have quarrelled so fiercely about their own credit and interest in recalling him, if they had been truly sorry for their former rebellion.