|Overview - Amos 6|
|1||The wantonness of Israel,|
|7||shall be plagued with desolation;|
|12||and their incorrigibleness shall end in affliction.|
Amos 6:10 (King James Version)
And a man's uncle shall take him up, and he that burneth him, to bring out the bones out of the house, and shall say unto him that is by the sides of the house, Is there yet any with thee? and he shall say, No. Then shall he say, Hold thy tongue: for we may not make mention of the name of the LORD.
- And a
- Abp. Newcome says that this obscure verse seems to describe the effects of the famine and pestilence during the siege of Samaria.
- that burneth
- 8:3 1 Samuel 31:12 ; 2 Kings 23:16 ; Jeremiah 16:6
- 5:13 Numbers 17:12 ; 2 Kings 6:33 ; Ezekiel 24:21
- Jeremiah 44:26 ; Ezekiel 20:39
- we may not make
- or, they will not make, or, have not made.