|Overview - Daniel 11|
|1||The overthrow of Persia by the king of Grecia.|
|5||Leagues and conflicts between the kings of the south and of the north.|
|30||The invasion and tyranny of the Romans.|
Daniel 11:15 (King James Version)
So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.
- cast up
- Jeremiah 5:10 ; 6:6 33:4 52:4 Ezekiel 17:17
- most fenced cities
- Hebrew city of munitions.
- After fourteen years, Ptolemy Philopater having been succeeded by Ptolemy Epiphanes, then a minor, Antiochus raised a greater army than before, and having defeated his best troops under Scopas, recovered possession of Caelo-Syria and Palestine, with all their fortified cities.
- shall not
- 6 ; 8:7 Joshua 1:5 ; Proverbs 21:30 Proverbs 21:31
- his chosen people
- Hebrew the people of his choices.