|Overview - Isaiah 37|
|1||Hezekiah mourning, sends to Isaiah to pray for them.|
|6||Isaiah comforts them.|
|8||Sennacherib, going to encounter Tirhakah, sends a blasphemous letter to Hezekiah.|
|21||Isaiah's prophecy of the pride and destruction of Sennacherib, and the good of Zion.|
|36||An angel slays the Assyrians.|
|37||Sennacherib is slain at Nineveh by his own sons.|
Isaiah 37:24 (King James Version)
By thy servants hast thou reproached the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon; and I will cut down the tall cedars thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, and the forest of his Carmel.
- thy servants
- Hebrew the hand of they servants.
- 4 ; 36:15-20 2 Kings 19:22 2 Kings 19:23
- By the
- Isaiah 10:13 Isaiah 10:14 36:9 Exodus 15:9 ; Psalms 20:7 ; Daniel 4:30
- tall cedars thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof
- tallness of the cedars thereof and the choice of the fir trees thereof.
- 10:18 14:8 Ezekiel 31:3-18 ; Daniel 4:8-14 Daniel 4:20-22 ; Zechariah 11:1 Zechariah 11:2
- of his Carmel
- or, and his fruitful field.