|Overview - Joshua 10|
|1||Five kings war against Gibeon.|
|6||Joshua rescues it.|
|10||God fights against them with hailstones.|
|12||The sun and moon stand still at the word of Joshua.|
|16||The five kings are mured in a cave.|
|22||They are brought forth;|
|28||Seven kings more are conquered.|
|43||Joshua returns to Gilgal.|
Joshua 10:2 (King James Version)
That they feared greatly, because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities, and because it was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty.
- they feared
- Joshua 2:9-13 Joshua 2:24 Exodus 15:14-16 ; Deuteronomy 11:25 ; 28:10 Psalms 48:4-6 ; Proverbs 1:26 Proverbs 1:27
- Proverbs 10:24 ; Hebrews 10:27 Hebrews 10:31 ; Revelation 6:15-17
- Gibeon was situated on an eminence, as its name imports, 40 furlongs north from Jerusalem, according to Josephus.
- the royal cities
- Hebrew cities of the kingdom.
- 1 Samuel 27:5 ; 2 Samuel 12:26