|Overview - Numbers 20|
|1||The children of Israel come to Zin, where Miriam dies.|
|2||They murmur for want of water.|
|7||Moses smiting the rock, brings forth water at Meribah.|
|14||Moses at Kadesh desires passage through Edom, which is denied him.|
|22||At mount Hor Aaron resigns his place to Eleazar, and dies.|
Numbers 20:1 (King James Version)
Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
- Ex. Is. 40. Then.
- This was the first month of the fortieth year after the departure from Egypt
- (Compare ch. 33:38 with ver. 28 ; of this chap
- and Deuteronomy 1:3 .) This year was the last of their journeyings, for from the going out of the spies (ch. 13) unto this time, was about thirty-eight years.
- Deuteronomy 1:22 Deuteronomy 1:23 ; 2:14
- 13:21 27:14 33:36 Deuteronomy 32:51
- This Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin, is different from Kadesh-barnea, lying in, or adjoining to the wilderness of Paran, about eight leagues south of Hebron
- (See ch. 34:3 4. Joshua 15:1 ,3.) Kadesh is called Rekam, by the Targumists, Rekem, in the Syriac, and Rakim, in Arabic. Rekem, says Rabbi Nissin, (in Gittin, ch
- 1.) is on the east, meaning of the land of Israel.
- 16 ; Psalms 29:8
- Numbers 12:1 Numbers 12:10 Numbers 12:15 26:59 Exodus 2:4 Exodus 2:7 ; 15:20 Micah 6:4