|Overview - Philippians 1|
|1||Paul testifies his thankfulness to God, and his love towards them, for the fruits of their faith, and fellowship in his sufferings;|
|9||daily praying to him for their increase in grace;|
|12||he shows what good the faith of Christ had received by his troubles at Rome;|
|21||and how ready he is to glorify Christ either by his life or death;|
|27||exhorting them to unity;|
|28||and to fortitude in persecution.|
Philippians 1:7 (King James Version)
Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
- it is
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 ; 1 Thessalonians 1:2-5 ; 5:5 Hebrews 6:9 Hebrews 6:10
- 2 Corinthians 3:2 ; 7:3
- I have you in my heart
- or, ye have me in your heart.
- Galatians 5:6 ; 1 John 3:14
- Acts 16:23-25 ; 20:23 Ephesians 3:1 ; 4:1 6:20 Colossians 4:3 Colossians 4:18 ; 2 Timothy 1:8 ; 2:9
- Hebrews 10:33 Hebrews 10:34
- and in
- 17 ; 4:14
- partakers of my
- or, partakers with me of.
- 5 ; 1 Corinthians 9:23 ; Hebrews 3:1 ; 1 Peter 4:13 ; 5:1