|Overview - Psalms 43|
|1||David, praying to be restored to the temple, promises to serve God joyfully.|
|5||He encourages his soul to trust in God.|
Psalms 43:1 (King James Version)
Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
- M. 2983. B.C. 1021. (Title.)
- This Psalm is evidently a continuation of the preceding, and had the same author; and they are written as one in forty-six MSS. The sameness of subject, similarity of composition, and return of the same burden in both, are sufficient evidence of this opinion.
- 7:8 26:1 35:24 75:7 1 Corinthians 4:4 ; 1 Peter 2:23
- 35:1 1 Samuel 24:15 ; Proverbs 22:23 ; 23:11 Micah 7:9
- or, unmerciful. the deceitful. Hebrew a man of
- deceit and iniquity.
- 71:4 2 Samuel 15:31 ; 16:20-23 17:1-4