Abdon [N] [E] [H]
- A judge of Israel, ( Judges 12:13 Judges 12:15 ) perhaps the same person as Bedan, in ( 1 Samuel 12:11 ) (B.C. 1233-1225).
- Son of Shashak. ( 1 Chronicles 8:23 )
- First-born son of Jehiel, son of Gideon. ( 1 Chronicles 8:30 ; 1 Chronicles 9:35 1 Chronicles 9:36 ).
- Son of Micah, a contemporary of Josiah, ( 2 Chronicles 34:20 ) called Achbor in ( 2 Kings 22:12 ) (B.C. 628.)
- A city in the tribe if Asher, given to the Gershonites, ( Joshua 21:30 ; 1 Chronicles 6:74 ) the modern Abdeh, 10 miles northeast of Accho.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Abdon'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.