Ammihud [N] [E] [H]
(people of praise ).
- An Ephraimite father of Elishama, the chief of the tribe at the time of the Exodus. ( Numbers 1:10 ; 2:18 ; Numbers 7:48 Numbers 7:53 ; 10:22 ; 1 Chronicles 1:1 7:26 ) and, through him, ancestor of Joshua. (B.C. 1491.)
- A Simeonite, father of Shemuel. ( Numbers 34:20 )
- The father of Pedahel, prince of the tribe of Naphtali. ( Numbers 34:28 )
- The father-of Talmai king of Geshur. ( 2 Samuel 13:37 )
- A descendant of Pharez, son of Judah. ( 1 Chronicles 9:4 )
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Ammihud'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.