Eliashib [N] [E] [H]
(whom God restores ).
- A priest in the time of King David eleventh in the order of the "governors" of the sanctuary. ( 1 Chronicles 24:12 )
- One of the latest descendants of the royal family of Judah. ( 1 Chronicles 3:24 )
- High priest at Jerusalem at the time of the rebuilding of the walls under Nehemiah. ( Nehemiah 3:1 Nehemiah 3:20 Nehemiah 3:21 ) (B.C. 446.)
- A singer in the time of Ezra who had married a foreign wife. ( Ezra 10:24 )
- A son of Zattu, ( Ezra 10:27 ) and
- A son of Bani, ( Ezra 10:36 ) both of whom had transgressed in the same manner. (B.C. 458.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Eliashib'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.