Iddo [N] [E] [H]
(timely or lovely ).
- The father of Abinadab. ( 1 Kings 4:14 )
- A descendant of Gershom, son of Levi. ( 1 Chronicles 6:21 )
- Son of Zechariah, ruler of the tribe of Manasseh east of Jordan in the time of David. ( 1 Chronicles 27:21 ) (B.C. 1014.)
- A seer whose "visions" against Jeroboam incidentally contained some of the acts of Solomon. ( 2 Chronicles 9:29 ) He appears to have written a chronicle or story relating to the life and reign of Abijah. ( 2 Chronicles 13:22 ) (B.C. 961.)
- The grandfather of the prophet Zechariah. ( Zechariah 1:1 Zechariah 1:7 )
- The chief of those who assembled at Casiphia at the time of the second caravan from Babylon. He was one of the Nethinim. ( Ezra 8:17 ) comp. Ezra 8:20 (B.C. 536.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Iddo'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.