Rehob. [N] [E] [H]
- The father of Hadadezer king of Zobah, whom David smote at the Euphrates. ( 2 Samuel 8:3 2 Samuel 8:12 ) (B.C. before 1043.)
- A Levite or family of Levites who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. ( Nehemiah 10:11 ) (B.C. 410.)
- The northern limit of the exploration of the spies. ( Numbers 13:21 ) Robinson fixes the position of Rehob as not far from Tell el-Kady and Banias .
- One of the towns allotted to Asher. ( Joshua 19:28 )
- Asher contained another Rehob, ( Joshua 19:30 ) but the situation of these towns is unknown.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Rehob'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.