(1) Ananias, the Revised Version (British and American) Annis, the Revised Version, margin, Annias (1 Esdras 5:16). See \ANNIS\.
(2) A son of Emmer (1 Esdras 9:21) = Hanani, son of Immer in Ezra 10:20.
(3) A son of Bebai (1 Esdras 9:29) = Hananiah in Ezra 10:28. The two last are mentioned in the list of priests who were found to have strange wives.
(4) One of those who stood by Esdras while he read the law to the people (1 Esdras 9:43) = Anaiah in Nehemiah 8:4.
(5) One of the Levites who explained the law to the people (1 Esdras 9:48) = Hanan in Nehemiah 8:7.
(6) Ananias the Great, son of Shemaiah the Great; a kinsman of Tobit, whom Raphael the angel, disguised as a man, gave out to be his father (Tobit 5:12 f).
(7) Son of Gideon, mentioned as an ancestor of Judith (Judith 8:1).
(8) Another Ananias is mentioned in The So of the Three Children (Azariah) (verse 66).
D. Miall Edwards
These files are public domain.