4 (Of Dovid, when he feigned insanity before Avimelech, who drove him away, and he went out) 1 (2) I will make a bracha of praise unto Hashem at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
(3) My nefesh shall make its boast in Hashem; the anavim (humble) shall hear thereof, and be glad.
(4) O magnify Hashem with me, and let us exalt Shmo together.
(5) I sought Hashem, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
(6) They looked unto Him, and were radiant; and their panim were not ashamed.
(7) The oni (poor man) cried, and Hashem heard him, and saved him out of all his tzoros.
(8) The Malach Hashem encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
(9) O taste and see that Hashem is tov; ashrei is the man that taketh refuge in Him.
(11) The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger; but they that seek Hashem shall not lack any good thing.
(12) Come, ye banim, pay heed unto me; I will teach you the fear of Hashem.
(13) What ish is he that desireth chayyim, and loveth many days, that he may see tov?
(14) Keep thy tongue from rah, and thy lips from speaking mirmah (guile, see Isaiah 53:9 where it says Moshiach will lack mirmah).
(15) Depart from rah, and do tov; seek shalom, and pursue it.
(16) The eyes of Hashem are upon the tzaddikim, and His ears open to their cry.
(17) The face of Hashem is against them that do rah, to cut off the zekher (remembrance) of them from ha’aretz.
(18) The tzaddikim cry, and Hashem heareth, and delivereth them out of all their tzoros.
(19) Hashem is near unto them whose lev is broken; and saveth such whose ruach is contrite.
(20) Many are the afflictions of the tzaddik; but Hashem delivereth him out of them all.
(21) He keepeth shomer over all his bones; not one of them is broken [Yn 19:36].
(22) Evil shall slay the resha’im; and they that hate the tzaddik shall be desolate.
(23) Hashem redeemeth the nefesh of His avadim; and none of them that take refuge in Him shall be condemned [see Ro 5:1; 8:1 OJBC].