Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Chronicles 34|
| 1 ||Josiah's good reign. |
| 3 ||He destroys idolatry. |
| 8 ||He takes order for the repair of the temple. |
|14 ||Hilkiah, having found a book of the law, Josiah sends to Huldah to enquire of the Lord. |
|23 ||Huldah prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem, but respite thereof in Josiah's time. |
|29 ||Josiah, causing it to be read in a solemn assembly, renews the covenant with God. |
2 Chronicles 34:14 (King James Version)
And when they brought out the money that was brought into the house of the LORD, Hilkiah the priest found a book of the law of the LORD given by Moses.
- 2 Kings 22:8-20 ; Deuteronomy 31:24-26
- a book
- Literally, "a book of the law of the Lord, by the hand of Moses," i
- e, as Dr. Kennicott understands it, "in the handwriting of Moses;" for, says he, though there are fifteen places in the Old Testament which mention the "Law of Moses," and "book of Moses," yet this one place only mentions "the book of the law in, or by, the hand of Moses."
- the law
- 12:1 31:4 35:26 Deuteronomy 17:18 Deuteronomy 17:19 ; Joshua 1:8 ; Ezra 7:10 ; Psalms 1:2 ; Isaiah 5:24
- Isaiah 30:9 ; Jeremiah 8:8 ; Luke 2:39
- Hebrew the hand of Moses.
- Leviticus 8:36 ; 10:11 26:46