|Overview - Daniel 11|
|1||The overthrow of Persia by the king of Grecia.|
|5||Leagues and conflicts between the kings of the south and of the north.|
|30||The invasion and tyranny of the Romans.|
Daniel 11:6 (King James Version)
And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.
- the end
- 13 ; Ezekiel 38:8 Ezekiel 38:9
- join themselves
- Hebrew associate themselves. for the king's.
- After many wars between Ptolemy Philadelphus, king of Egypt, and Antiochus Theos, king of Syria, they agreed to make peace, on condition that the latter should put away his wife Laodice, and her sons, and marry Berenice, Ptolemy's daughter.
- Daniel 11:7 Daniel 11:13 Daniel 11:15 Daniel 11:40
- an agreement
- Hebrew rights. retain.
- Job 38:15 ; Psalms 10:5 ; Ezekiel 30:21 ; Zechariah 11:16
- she shall be
- Antiochus recalled Laodice, who, fearing another change, caused him to be poisoned, and Berenice and her son to be murdered, and set her son Callinicus on the throne.
- he that begat her
- or, whom she brought forth. he that
- strengthened. Her father Ptolemy, who died a few years before.