|Overview - Ezekiel 33|
|1||According to the duty of a watchman in warning the people,|
|7||Ezekiel is admonished of his duty.|
|10||God shews the justice of his ways towards the penitent and towards revolters.|
|17||He maintains his justice.|
|21||Upon the news of the taking of Jerusalem he prophecies the desolation of the land.|
|30||God's judgment upon the mockers of the prophets.|
Ezekiel 33:21 (King James Version)
And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten.
- in the twelfth
- This was on Wednesday, January 25, A
- M. 3416 or 3417. According to the date here given, this escaped Jew did not come to the prophet, with intelligence of Jerusalem being smitten, till about eighteen months after the event; but instead of the "twelfth year," eight MSS. and the Syriac read the eleventh.
- Ezekiel 24:26 Ezekiel 24:27
- The city
- This was the very message which God had promised to the prophet.
- 24:26 2 Kings 24:4-7 ; 2 Chronicles 36:17-21 ; Jeremiah 39:2-8 ; 52:4-14