Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 34|
| 1 ||A reproof of the shepherds. |
| 7 ||God's judgment against them. |
|11 ||His providence over his flock. |
|20 ||The kingdom of Christ. |
Ezekiel 34:2 (King James Version)
Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
- the shepherds
- The shepherds of Israel, signify their kings and princes, priests and prophets; the flock, the whole of the people; the fat and wool, the tithes and offerings, taxes and imposts: these they exacted with great rigour, and even oppressed and destroyed the people to enrich themselves; but they bestowed no pains to provide for the welfare of the state, or for the souls of those entrusted to them. They knew nothing about their flock: it might be diseased, infirm, bruised, maimed, strayed, or lost, for they watched not over them.
- 33:24 Jeremiah 2:8 ; 3:15 10:21 12:10 John 10:1 John 10:2 John 10:12
- 8-10 ; 13:19 Jeremiah 23:1 ; Micah 3:1-3 Micah 3:11 Micah 3:12 ; Zephaniah 3:3 Zephaniah 3:4 ; Zechariah 11:17
- Matthew 24:48-51 ; Luke 12:42-46 ; Luke 20:46 Luke 20:47 Romans 16:18 ; 2 Peter 2:3
- 2 Samuel 5:2 ; Psalms 78:71 Psalms 78:72 ; Isaiah 40:11 ; John 21:15-17 ; Acts 20:26 Acts 20:29
- 1 Peter 5:2-4