|Overview - Ezra 3|
|1||The altar is set up.|
|7||Workmen employed in preparing materials.|
|8||The foundations of the temple are laid in great joy and mourning.|
Ezra 3:7 (King James Version)
They gave money also unto the masons, and to the carpenters; and meat, and drink, and oil, unto them of Zidon, and to them of Tyre, to bring cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea of Joppa, according to the grant that they had of Cyrus king of Persia.
- gave money
- 2 Kings 12:11 2 Kings 12:12 ; 2 Kings 22:5 2 Kings 22:6 2 Chronicles 24:12 2 Chronicles 24:13
- or, workmen. meat.
- 1 Kings 5:6 1 Kings 5:9-11 ; 2 Chronicles 2:10-15 ; Ezekiel 27:17 ; Acts 12:20
- Joppa, now Jaffa or Yaffa, one of the most ancient sea-ports in the world, is situated in a fine plain on the shore of the Mediterranean, between Jamnia south and Caesarea of Palestine north, 150 stadia from Antipatris, according to Josephus, 30 miles south of Caesarea, 12 miles north of Ashdod, 9 miles west of Ramla, and 40 miles west of Jerusalem, according to modern authorities; and in lat
- 32 ; degrees 50' long. 65 ; degrees 40' according to Ptolemy. It is still a considerable town, containing about Ezra 3:4 Ezra 3:000 ; or Ezra 3:5 Ezra 3:000 ; souls, and occupying a circular eminence close to the seaside, with a citadel on the summit; the bottom of the hill being surrounded by a wall 12 ; or 14 ; feet high, and two or three feet thick. The environs are occupied by extensive gardens.
- 2 Chronicles 2:16 ; Jonah 1:3 ; Acts 9:36 ; Acts 10:5 Acts 10:6