Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezra 4|
| 1 ||The adversaries, being not accepted in the building of the temple with the Jews, endeavour to hinder it. |
| 7 ||Their letter to Artaxerxes. |
|17 ||The answer and decree of Artaxerxes. |
|23 ||The building is hindered. |
Ezra 4:1 (King James Version)
Now when the adversaries of Judah and Benjamin heard that the children of the captivity builded the temple unto the LORD God of Israel;
- the adversaries
- These were the Samaritans, the descendants of the various nations with which the kings of Assyria had peopled Israel, when they had carried the original inhabitants captive.
- 7:9 1 Kings 5:4 1 Kings 5:5 ; 1 Chronicles 22:9 1 Chronicles 22:10 ; Nehemiah 4:1-11 ; Daniel 9:25 ; 1 Corinthians 16:9
- children of the captivity
- Hebrew sons of the transportation.
- 1:11 *marg:
- Ezra 6:16 Ezra 6:19 Ezra 6:20 Ezra 10:7 Ezra 10:16 Daniel 5:13