|Overview - Isaiah 59|
|1||The calamities of the Jews not owing to want of saving power in God, but to their own enormous sins.|
|16||Salvation is only of God.|
|20||The covenant of the Redeemer.|
Isaiah 59:19 (King James Version)
So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
- shall they
- 11:9-16 24:14-16 49:12 66:18-20 Psalms 22:27 ; Psalms 102:15 Psalms 102:16 113:3
- Daniel 7:27 ; Zephaniah 3:8 Zephaniah 3:9 ; Malachi 1:11 ; Revelation 11:15
- This all the Rabbins refer to the coming of the Messiah. If, say they, ye see a generation which endured much tribulation, then expect Him, according to what is written, "When the enemy shall come in like a flood," etc.
- the enemy
- Revelation 12:10 Revelation 12:15-17 ; Revelation 17:14 Revelation 17:15
- the Spirit
- 11:10 Zechariah 4:6 ; 2 Thessalonians 2:8 ; Revelation 20:1-3
- lift up a standard against him
- or, put him to flight.