|Overview - Jeremiah 12|
|1||Jeremiah, complaining of the wicked's prosperity, by faith sees their ruin.|
|5||God admonishes him of his brethren's treachery against him;|
|7||and laments his heritage.|
|14||He promises to the penitent return from captivity.|
Jeremiah 12:6 (King James Version)
For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.
- thy brethren
- 9:4 Jeremiah 11:19 Jeremiah 11:21 20:10 Genesis 37:4-11 ; Job 6:15 ; Psalms 69:8 ; Ezekiel 33:30 Ezekiel 33:31
- Micah 7:5 Micah 7:6 ; Matthew 10:21 ; Mark 12:12 ; John 7:5
- Isaiah 31:4 ; Acts 16:22 ; 18:12 19:24-29 21:28-30
- have called, etc
- or, cried after thee fully. though.
- Psalms 12:2 ; Proverbs 26:25 ; Matthew 22:16-18
- fair words
- Hebrew good things.