|Overview - Leviticus 23|
|1||The feasts of the Lord.|
|9||The sheaf of first-fruits.|
|15||The feast of Pentecost.|
|22||Gleanings to be left for the poor.|
|23||The feast of trumpets.|
|26||The day of atonement.|
|33||The feast of tabernacles.|
Leviticus 23:10 (King James Version)
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
- and shall
- 2:12-16 Exodus 22:29 ; Exodus 23:16 Exodus 23:19 Exodus 34:22 Exodus 34:26 Numbers 15:2 Numbers 15:18-21 ; 28:26
- Deuteronomy 16:9 ; Joshua 3:15
- or, handful. Hebrew omer. the first fruits.
- This offering was a public acknowledgement of the bounty and goodness of God for the kindly fruits of the earth. From the practice of the people of God, the heathen borrowed a similar one, founded on the same reason.
- Proverbs 3:9 Proverbs 3:10 ; Ezekiel 44:30 ; Romans 11:16 ; 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 ; James 1:18 ; Revelation 14:4