|Overview - Micah 6|
|1||God's controversy for ingratitude;|
|16||and for idolatry.|
Micah 6:1 (King James Version)
Hear ye now what the LORD saith; Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice.
- 1:2 1 Samuel 15:16 ; Jeremiah 13:15 ; Amos 3:1 ; Hebrews 3:7 Hebrews 3:8
- The manner of raising attention, says Abp
- Newcome, in ver. 1, 2, by calling a man to urge his plea in the face of all
- nature, and on the inanimate creation to hear the expostulation of Jehovah with his people, is truly awakening and magnificent The words of Jehovah follow in ver. 3-5; and God's mercies having been set before the people, one of them is introduced in a beautiful manner, asking what his duty is towards so gracious a God, ver
- 6, 7. The answer follows in the words of the prophet, ver
- Deuteronomy 4:26 ; 32:1 Psalms 50:1 Psalms 50:4 ; Isaiah 1:2 ; Jeremiah 22:29 ; Ezekiel 36:1 Ezekiel 36:8 ; Luke 19:40
- or, with.
- 1:4 Isaiah 2:12-14
- Ezekiel 37:4