|Overview - Numbers 10|
|1||The use of the silver trumpets.|
|11||The Israelites remove from Sinai to Paran.|
|14||The order of their march.|
|29||Hobab is entreated by Moses not to leave them.|
|33||The blessing of Moses at the removing and resting of the ark.|
Numbers 10:14 (King James Version)
In the first place went the standard of the camp of the children of Judah according to their armies: and over his host was Nahshon the son of Amminadab.
- the first place
- The following is the order in which this vast company marched:
- Judah:----Issachar, Zebulun, Gershonites, and Merarites,
- Reuben:---Simeon, Gad, Kohathites, with the sanctuary.
- Ephraim:--Manasseh, Benjamin.
- Dan:------Asher, Naphtali.
- Among other things, it should be remarked, that, according to a well-known rule of military tactics, the advanced, and rear-guards, were stronger then the centre.
- 2:3-9 26:19-27 Genesis 49:8
- 1:7 7:12