Shelemiah [N] [E] [H]
(repaid by Jehovah ).
- One of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra. ( Ezra 10:30 ) (B.C. 458.)
- The father of Hananiah. ( Nehemiah 3:30 )
- A priest in the time of Nehemiah. ( Nehemiah 13:13 )
- The father of Jehueal, or Jucal, in the time of Zedekiah. ( Jeremiah 37:3 )
- The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward who arrested Jeremiah. ( Jeremiah 37:13 ) (B.C. before 589.)
- The same as Meshelemiah and Shallum, 8. ( 1 Chronicles 26:14 )
- Another of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra. ( Ezra 10:41 )
- Ancestor of Jehudi in the time of Jehoiakim. ( Jeremiah 36:14 )
- Son of Abdeel; one of those who received the orders of Jehoiakim to take Baruch and Jeremiah. ( Jeremiah 36:26 ) (B.C. 604.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Shelemiah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.