Uzziel [N] [E]
(my strength is God ).
- Fourth son of Kohath, father of Mishael, Eizaphan or Elizaphan and Zithri, and uncle to Aaron. ( Exodus 6:18 Exodus 6:22 ; Leviticus 10:4 ) (B.C. before 1491.)
- A Simeonite captain, son of Ishi, in the days of Hezekiah. ( 1 Chronicles 4:42 )
- Head of a Benjamite house, of the sons of Bela. ( 1 Chronicles 7:7 ) (B.C. 1706.)
- A musician, of the sons of Heman in Davids reign. ( 1 Chronicles 25:4 )
- A Levite, of the sons of Jeduthun, in the days of Hezekiah. ( 2 Chronicles 29:14 2 Chronicles 29:18 ) (B.C. 726.)
- Son of Harhaiah, probably a priest in the days of Nehemiah, who took part in repairing the wall. ( Nehemiah 3:8 ) (B.C. 446.) He is described as "of the goldsmiths," i.e. of those priests whose hereditary office it was to repair or make the sacred vessels.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Uzziel'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.