We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 4921|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|sunivsthmi||from (4862) and (2476) (including its collat. forms)|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|soon-is-tah'-o ||Verb |
- to place together, to set in the same place,to bring or band together
- to stand with (or near)
- to set one with another
- by way of presenting or introducing him
- to comprehend
- to put together by way of composition or combination, to teach by combining and comparing
- to show, prove, establish, exhibit
- to put together, unite parts into one whole
- to be composed of, consist
| King James Word Usage - Total: 16|
|commend 10, approve 2, consist 1, make 1, stand 1, stand with 1|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Sunistao". "The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon". .