We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 1074|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|genea||from (a presumed derivative of) (1085)|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|ghen-eh-ah' ||Noun Feminine |
- fathered, birth, nativity
- that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
- the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
- metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
- esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation
- the whole multitude of men living at the same time
- an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied be each successive generation), a space of 30 - 33 years
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 43|
|generation 32, generations 10, kind 1|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Genea". "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.