Murphy's Laws of Parenting
1. The tennis shoes you must replace today will go on sale next week.
2. Leakproof thermoses -- will leak.
3. The chances of a piece of bread falling with the grape-jelly side down are
directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
4. The garbage truck will be two doors past your house when your teen remembers
it's his turn to take out the trash
5. The shirt your child must wear today will be the only one that needs to be
washed or mended.
6. Gym clothes left at school in lockers mildew at a faster rate than other
7. The item your child lost, and must have for school within the next ten
seconds, will be found in the last place you think to look.
8. Sick children recover miraculously when the pediatrician enters the
9. Refrigerated items, used daily, will gravitate toward the back of the
10. Your chances of being seen by someone you know dramatically increase if you
drive your child to school in your robe and curlers.
(Nelson's Complete Book of
Stories by Robert J. Morgan, Illustrations, & Quotes, p. 599).