- THIRD AND FOURTH APPEARANCES OF JESUS.
- He was seen by Cephas. See Luke 24:34.
SIXTH APPEARANCE OF JESUS.
(Sunday, one week after the resurrection)
- Then by the twelve. See John 20:26 .
15:6 then he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once1, of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep;
- EIGHTH APPEARANCE OF JESUS. (A mountain in Galilee.) Matthew 28:16 Matthew 28:17 ; 1 Corinthians 15:6
- Then he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once. See Matthew 28:16 andsee Matthew 28:17.
15:7 then he appeared to James1; then to all the apostles;
- NINTH AND TENTH APPEARANCES OF JESUS. (Jerusalem.) Luke 24:44-49 ; Acts 1:3-8 ; 1 Corinthians 15:7
- Then he appeared to James. Of this appearance also we have no details.
15:8 and last of all, as to the [child] untimely born, he appeared to me also1.
- OUR LORD APPEARS AFTER HIS ASCENSION. 1 Corinthians 15:8
- And last of all, as to the [child] untimely born, he appeared to me also. Since Paul reckons this among the bodily appearances of our Lord,we have included it in our work; but it borders upon those spiritualappearances which belong rather to apostolic history and may be classedwith the vision of Stephen ( Acts 7:55 ) and John ( Revelation 1:9-17 ), towhich it was near kin. Accounts of the appearance will be found in Acts 9:3-8 ; Acts 22:6-11 ; Acts 26:12-18 .