|Overview - 1 Samuel 27|
|1||Saul, hearing David to be in Gath, seeks no more for him.|
|5||David begs Ziklag of Achish.|
|8||He, invading other countries, persuades Achish he fought against Judah.|
1 Samuel 27:1 (King James Version)
And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
- M. 2946. B.C. 1058. An. Ex. Is. 433. And David.
- 1 Samuel 16:1 1 Samuel 16:13 23:17 25:30 Psalms 116:11 ; Proverbs 13:12 ; Isaiah 40:27-31 ; 51:12
- Matthew 14:31 ; Mark 4:40 ; 2 Corinthians 7:5
- I shall
- This was a rash conclusion: God had caused him to be anointed king of Israel, and promised his accession to the throne, and had so often interposed in his behalf, that he was authorised to believe the very reverse.
- Hebrew be consumed. there is nothing.
- 22:5 Exodus 14:12 ; Numbers 14:3 ; Proverbs 3:5 Proverbs 3:6 ; Isaiah 30:15 Isaiah 30:16 ; Lamentations 3:26 Lamentations 3:27
- into the land
- 1 Samuel 27:10 1 Samuel 27:11 ; 21:10-15 1 Samuel 28:1 1 Samuel 28:2 29:2-11 30:1-3