|Overview - 2 Corinthians 7|
|1||He proceeds in exhorting them to purity of life;|
|2||and to bear him like affection as he does to them.|
|3||Whereof lest he might seem to doubt, he declares what comfort he took in his afflictions by the report which Titus gave of their godly sorrow, which his former epistle had wrought in them;|
|13||and of their loving-kindness and obedience toward Titus, answerable to his former boastings of them.|
2 Corinthians 7:10 (King James Version)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
- 12:21 2 Samuel 12:13 ; 1 Kings 8:47-50 ; Job 33:27 Job 33:28 ; Jeremiah 31:9 ; Ezekiel 7:16
- Ezekiel 18:27-30 ; Jonah 3:8 Jonah 3:10 ; Matthew 21:28-32 ; 26:75 Luke 15:10 ; 18:13
- Acts 3:19 ; 11:18 2 Timothy 2:25 2 Timothy 2:26
- the sorrow
- The sorrow of carnal men about worldly objects, loss of fortune, fame, or friends; which, being separated from the fear and love of God, and faith in his providence and mercy, frequently drinks up their spirits, breaks their proud, rebellious hearts, or drives them to lay desperate hands on themselves.
- Genesis 4:13-15 ; 30:1 1 Samuel 30:6 ; 2 Samuel 13:4 ; 17:23 1 Kings 21:4 ; Proverbs 15:13 Proverbs 15:15
- Proverbs 17:22 ; 18:14 Jonah 4:9 ; Matthew 27:4 Matthew 27:5 ; Hebrews 12:17