|Overview - 2 Kings 5|
|1||Naaman, by the report of a captive maid, is sent to Samaria to be cured of his leprosy.|
|8||Elisha, sending him to Jordan cures him.|
|15||He refusing Naaman's gifts grants him some of the earth.|
|20||Gehazi, abusing his master's name unto Naaman, is smitten with leprosy.|
2 Kings 5:1 (King James Version)
Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
- M. 3110. B.C. 894. Naaman.
- Luke 4:27
- a great
- 4:8 Exodus 11:3 ; Esther 9:4 ; 10:3
- Hebrew before. honourable. or, gracious. Hebrew lifted
- up, or accepted in countenance
- by him.
- Proverbs 21:31 ; Isaiah 10:5 Isaiah 10:6 ; Jeremiah 27:5 Jeremiah 27:6 ; Deuteronomy 2:37 ; John 19:11 ; Romans 15:18
- or, victory. a leper.
- 27 ; 7:3 Leviticus 13:2 Leviticus 13:3 Leviticus 13:44-46 ; Numbers 12:10-12 ; 2 Samuel 3:29 ; 2 Chronicles 26:19-23
- 2 Corinthians 12:7