|Overview - 2 Samuel 16|
|1||Ziba, by presents and false suggestions, obtains his master's inheritance.|
|5||At Bahurim Shimei curse David.|
|9||David with patience abstains, and restrains others, from revenge.|
|15||Hushai insinuates himself into Absalom's counsel.|
2 Samuel 16:5 (King James Version)
And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came.
- This place is supposed to be the same as Almon, ( Joshua 21:18, ,)and Almeth, (1 Ch 6:60, a city of Benjamin, north of Jerusalem, and apparently not far from Olivet.
- 14 ; 3:16 17:18
- whose name
- 19:16-18 1 Kings 2:8 1 Kings 2:9 1 Kings 2:36-44 1 Kings 2:45 1 Kings 2:46
- he came, etc
- or, he still came forth and cursed. cursed.
- Exodus 22:28 ; 1 Samuel 17:43 ; Psalms 69:26 ; Psalms 109:16-19 Psalms 109:28 Proverbs 26:2 ; Ecclesiastes 10:20
- Isaiah 8:21 ; Matthew 5:11 Matthew 5:12