|Overview - Daniel 7|
|1||Daniel's vision of the four beasts,|
|9||and of God's kingdom.|
|15||The interpretation thereof.|
Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
- he shall speak
- In assuming infallibility, professing to forgive sins, and to open and shut heaven, thundering out bulls and anathemas, excommunicating princes, absolving subjects from their allegiance, and exacting obedience to his decrees in open violation of reason and Scripture.
- Daniel 7:8 Daniel 7:20 ; Daniel 8:24 Daniel 8:25 Daniel 11:28 Daniel 11:30 Daniel 11:31 Daniel 11:36 Daniel 11:37 Isaiah 37:23 ; 2 Thessalonians 2:4 ; Revelation 13:5 Revelation 13:6 Revelation 13:11
- shall wear out
- By wars, crusades, massacres, etc.
- Revelation 6:9 Revelation 6:10 ; 11:7-10 13:7-10 14:12 16:6 17:6 18:24
- and think
- Appointing feasts and fasts, canonizing saints, etc.
- 2:21 Daniel 11:31 Daniel 11:36-38 12:11 2 Thessalonians 2:4 ; 1 Timothy 4:1-3 ; Revelation 13:15-17
- a time
- That is, three years and a half, or, reckoning thirty days to a month, Daniel 7:1 Daniel 7:260 ; days, equal to the same number of years in prophetic language; which, dated from the decree of Phocas constituting him the supreme head of the church, A
- D. 606, terminated in 1866.
- Daniel 4:25 Daniel 4:32 Daniel 12:7 Daniel 12:11 Daniel 12:12 Revelation 11:2 Revelation 11:3 ; Revelation 12:6 Revelation 12:14 Revelation 13:5 Revelation 13:7