|Overview - Genesis 22|
|1||Abraham is tempted to offer Isaac.|
|3||He gives proof of his faith and obedience.|
|11||The angel prevents him.|
|13||Isaac is exchanged for a ram.|
|14||The place is called Jehovah-jireh.|
|15||Abraham is again blessed.|
|20||The generations of Nahor unto Rebekah.|
Genesis 22:1 (King James Version)
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
- M. 2132. B.C. 1872. Jos. Ant. God.
- Exodus 15:25 Exodus 15:26 ; 16:4 Deuteronomy 8:2 ; 13:3 Judges 2:22 ; 2 Samuel 24:1 ; 2 Chronicles 32:31
- Proverbs 17:3 ; 1 Corinthians 10:13 ; Hebrews 11:17 ; James 1:12-14 ; 2:21 1 Peter 1:7
- Or prove, or try, as tempt, from tento, originally signified.
- Behold, here I am
- Hebrew Behold me.
- Genesis 22:7 Genesis 22:11 ; Exodus 3:4 ; Isaiah 6:8