|Overview - Isaiah 52|
|1||Christ persuades the church to believe his free redemption,|
|7||to receive the ministers thereof,|
|9||to joy in the power thereof,|
|11||and to free themselves from bondage.|
|13||Christ's kingdom shall be exalted.|
Isaiah 52:7 (King James Version)
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
- How beautiful
- This is a highly poetical expression, for, How welcome is his arrival! how agreeable are the tidings which he brings!
- 40:9 61:1-3 Nahum 1:15 ; Luke 2:10 ; Romans 10:12-15
- Psalms 68:11 ; Solomon 2:8 ; Mark 13:10 ; 16:15 Luke 24:47 ; Acts 10:36-38 ; Revelation 14:6
- Thy God
- 24:23 33:22 Psalms 59:13 ; 93:1 96:10 97:1 99:1 Micah 4:7 ; Zechariah 9:9
- Matthew 25:34 ; 28:18 Revelation 11:15