|Overview - Zechariah 7|
|1||The captives enquire concerning the set fasts.|
|4||Zechariah reproves the hypocrisy of their fasting.|
|8||Sin the cause of their captivity.|
Zechariah 7:3 (King James Version)
And to speak unto the priests which were in the house of the LORD of hosts, and to the prophets, saying, Should I weep in the fifth month, separating myself, as I have done these so many years?
- Deuteronomy 17:9-11 ; 33:10 Ezekiel 44:23 Ezekiel 44:24 ; Hosea 4:6 ; Haggai 2:11 ; Malachi 2:7
- 5 ; Nehemiah 8:9-11 ; 9:1-3 Ecclesiastes 3:4 ; Isaiah 22:12 Isaiah 22:13 ; Joel 2:17 ; Matthew 9:15
- James 4:8-10
- This was a fast for the burning of the temple, as that of the seventh month was for the death of Gedaliah; and seeing that the city and temple were in part rebuilt, they wished to know whether they should continue the observance of them.
- 8:19 2 Kings 25:8 2 Kings 25:9 ; Jeremiah 52:12-14
- 12:12-14 1 Corinthians 7:5