42 (Mashkil of Dovid; A tefillah when he was in the me’arah) I cried out unto Hashem with my voice; with my voice unto Hashem did I make my techinnah (supplication).
(3) I poured out my complaint before Him; I showed before Him my tzoros.
(4) When my ruach became faint within me, then Thou had da’as of my path. In the way wherein I walked have they laid a pach (snare, hidden trap) for me.
(5) I looked on my right, and behold, there was no man that would know me; refuge failed me; no man cared for my nefesh.
(6) I cried unto Thee, Hashem; I said, Thou art my refuge and my chelek (portion) in the Eretz HaChayyim.
(7) Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low; save me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
(8) Release my nefesh from prison, to praise Shemecha (Thy Name); the tzaddikim shall gather about me; for Thou shalt deal bountifully with me.