5 (For the one directing. Set to Do Not Destroy. Mizmor Asaph. Shir) Hodinu l’cha Elohim (Unto thee, Elohim, do we give thanks). Hodinu; that Thy Shem is near Thy wondrous works declare.
(3) I shall seize the mo’ed (appointed time, Chabakuk 2:3) I will judge uprightly.
(4) Eretz and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolving; I, even I, hold up the ammudim (pillars) of it. Selah.
(5) I said unto the hollelim (arrogant), Deal not boastfully; and to the resha’im, Lift not up the keren;
(6) Lift not up your keren on high; speak not with a stiff neck.
(7) For promotion cometh lo (not) from the east, nor from the west, nor from the desert.
(8) But Elohim is the Shofet; He bringeth down one, and setteth up another.
(9) For in the yad Hashem there is a kos, and the yayin is foaming; full of mixture; and He poureth out of the same; but the dregs thereof, all rishei aretz (wicked of the earth) shall drain them down, and drink them [Lk 22:42].
(11) All the karnayim of the resha’im also will I cut off; but the karnayim of the tzaddik shall be exalted. [T.N. In this Psalm we see that G-d is Judge. The Bible speaks of a great Assize where there will be a verdict regarding the sheep and the goats, the redeemed and the reprobate. See Rev 19:11 and 20:4-5.]