2 (Mizmor. Shir. For Shabbos) It is tov to give thanks unto Hashem, and to make music unto Thy Shem, O Elyon;
(3) To proclaim Thy chesed in the boker, and Thy emunah baleilot,
(4) Upon a ten-stringed instrument, and upon the nevel (lyre); to the melody of the kinnor (harp).
(5) For Thou, Hashem, hast made me glad through Thy work; I will joy in the works of Thy hands.
(6) Hashem, how great are Thy works! And Thy machshe’vot (thoughts) are very deep.
(7) An ish ba’ar (brutish, senseless man, dolt) knoweth not; neither doth a kesil (fool) understand this.
(8) When the resha’im spring up like the esev (grass), and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish, it is that they shall be destroyed adei-ad (forever).
(9) But Thou, Hashem, art exalted l’olam.
(11) But my keren shalt Thou exalt like the keren of a re’eim (wild ox); I shall be anointed with fresh shemen.
(12) Mine eye also shall look on mine foes, and mine ears shall hear of the resha’im that rise up against me.
(13) The tzaddik shall flourish like the palm tree; he shall grow like a cedar in Levanon.
(14) Those that are planted in the Beis Hashem shall flourish in the khatzerot Eloheinu (courts of our G-d).
(15) They shall still bear forth fruit in old age; they shall be deshenim (stalwart, vigorous) and ra’ananim (luxuriant, fresh);
(16) To proclaim that Hashem is yashar; He is my Tzur, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.