Bible Verses About Divorce - Divorce is mentioned several times in the Old and New Testament, as God hates divorce, and there are very few exceptions where divorce is allowed in Scripture. God created marriage and intended it to be good for us. When sin entered, so did the breaking of relationships. Divorce has become common today, even among Christians. Let's take a look at the scriptures that talk about divorce.
Download a free PDF of Hope-Filled Bible Verses to save as an inspiration of God's mercy and grace!
Editor's Note:This is a general collection of what the Bible says about divorce; it does not presume to give advice for specific relationships resulting in divorce. If you are in an abusive relationship or would like to read more articles on divorce please see our suggestions below:;
- What Does the Bible Really Say About Divorce?
- 12 Traits of an Abusive Relationship
- What You Should Say to a Woman in an Abusive Marriage
- What Is Considered Verbal Abuse?
- The Truth about Emotional Abuse
- 10 Habits that Can Lead to Divorce
- 10 Hidden Consequences of Divorce
Photo credit: © Unsplash/Joel Muniz