|Overview - Amos 6|
|1||The wantonness of Israel,|
|7||shall be plagued with desolation;|
|12||and their incorrigibleness shall end in affliction.|
Amos 6:6 (King James Version)
That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments: but they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph.
- This probably refers to the costliness and magnificence of the drinking vessels, as well as to the quantity drank.
- wine in bowls
- or, in bowls of wine.
- Hosea 3:1 ; 1 Timothy 5:23
- Matthew 26:7-9 ; John 12:3
- Genesis 37:25-28 ; Genesis 42:21 Genesis 42:22 49:22 Esther 3:15 ; Romans 12:15 ; 1 Corinthians 12:26
- or, breach.
- 2 Kings 15:29 ; 17:3-6 Jeremiah 30:7