|Overview - Genesis 32|
|1||Jacob's vision at Mahanaim.|
|3||His message to Esau.|
|6||He is afraid of Esau's coming.|
|9||He prays for deliverance.|
|13||He sends a present to Esau, and passes the brook Jabbok.|
|24||He wrestles with an angel at Peniel, where he is called Israel.|
Genesis 32:30 (King James Version)
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
- 28:19 Judges 8:8 Judges 8:17 ; 1 Kings 12:25
- i.e., the face of God.
- Peniel, or Penuel, was evidently situated near the ford of Jabbok, on the north of that stream, about forty miles from Jerusalem.
- I have
- 16:13 Exodus 24:10 Exodus 24:11 ; Exodus 33:14 Exodus 33:19-23 Numbers 12:8 ; Deuteronomy 5:24 ; 34:10
- Judges 6:22 Judges 6:23 ; Judges 13:21 Judges 13:22 Isaiah 6:5 ; John 1:18 ; 2 Corinthians 3:18 ; 4:6 Galatians 1:6
- Ephesians 1:17 ; Colossians 1:15 ; 2 Timothy 1:10 ; Hebrews 11:27