|Overview - Habakkuk 2|
|1||Unto Habakkuk, waiting for an answer, is shewn that he must wait by faith.|
|5||The judgment upon the Chaldean for unsatiableness,|
|18||and for idolatry.|
Habakkuk 2:16 (King James Version)
Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD'S right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
- with shame for glory
- or, more with shame than with glory.
- Proverbs 3:35 ; Isaiah 47:3 ; Hosea 4:7 ; Philippians 3:19
- Psalms 75:8 ; Isaiah 49:26 ; 51:21-23 Jeremiah 25:26 Jeremiah 25:27 ; 51:57 Revelation 18:6
- and let
- Isaiah 20:4 ; 47:3 Nahum 3:5
- the cup
- Jeremiah 25:27-29
- and shameful
- Isaiah 28:7 Isaiah 28:8 ; Hosea 7:5